The Chinese Garden, decorated with red hanging lanterns and colorful paper lanterns on the rocks
A garden volunteer told me that Wintersweet always blooms for Chinese New Year!
Chinese New Year party
At the Chinese New Year party, we enjoyed all kinds of delicious foods including long life noodles, citrus (to welcome wealth), Chinese tea eggs, pot stickers, pumpkin seeds, Chinese buns filled with lotus and bean paste, mung bean cakes, sesame cookies, coconut cookies and much more.
For the tea tasting, we worked our way through 8 various teas, focusing mostly on teas grown in Wuyi.
- Golden water turtle (Shui Jin Gui)
- Iron Arhat (Tie Luo Han)
- Big Red Robe (Da Hong Pao)
- A mix of Iron Goddess of Mercy (Ti Kuan Yin) and Golden Osmanthus
- Sui Xian (Water Sprite)
- Rou Gui (Cinnamon)
- Big Red Robe #2 (Da Hong Pao)
- Old Growth Oriental Beauty (Bai Hao) - not Wuyi
My DH is a Dragon, so here's to wishing him prosperity and health, and the same to you.