Sunday, October 16, 2016

Headed to Kyoto


I hope to drink many bowls of tea over the next two weeks, while I'm in Japan!  I'm traveling with my Sensei and three other tea students to the heart of the Japanese tea world, Kyoto.  We'll visit the headquarters of the Urasenke school (of which we are affiliated), have tea and sweets as often as possible, take in the beauty of and pay our respects at temples (Buddhist) and shrines (Shinto), eat fabulous meals, enjoy Japanese gardens, visit museums and as the trip comes to a close, stay amidst the tea fields. I'm overflowing with excitement! I'll share photos here, a few while I'm traveling and more when I returned.  Please wish us safe travels! 

10 comments:

Linda Jennings said...

Japan is a beautiful country. What a exciting opportunity for you!

Marilyn Miller said...

How wonderful! Have a teariffic time.

Snap said...

How exciting! Safe travels. Take lots of photos.

Rosemary said...

This is such an exciting adventure! Safe travels to you and your friends... and can't wait to read about your journey.

Margie said...

Happy and safe travels! I look forward to living vicariously through you!

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

Happy travels to you! I've always envisioned Kyoto as the quintessential Japanese city with its beautiful temples and cherry blossom trees (well, not in bloom now). One of my college roommates was from Kyoto.
You're going to have an amazing educational and cultural experience.

Patrick said...

take lots of tea pictures please. I hope someday I get the chance to have some Japanese Tea in Japan, bucket list!

relevanttealeaf said...

How awesome, Stephanie! Safe travels. We'll look forward to reading all about it when you return.

Linda said...

Sounds great! I love tea as well...enjoy! :)

Angela McRae said...

How exciting! I'll look forward to seeing what you share upon your return!