Friday, June 30, 2017

The 9-Year Old Plans a Tea Party

I have so many tea-time memories with my niece!  I can chronicle her life in tea stories.  Such a blessing to me, and hopefully her!  Here's a look into our latest adventure. She's 9 now, and we wanted to host her school teacher and 2 friends for tea. We used the tea set, above. It's one that I snagged long before she was born, in anticipation.

Her diet these days is focused on healthy choices, and so we were working within a no sugar and gluten free plan. I was (in my head) wondering how we would do this. She had no such concerns. Onto Pinterest she went, and in no time, we had a plan!



We started with the creative veggie tray, above. The snails, below, are my favorite.  We used almond butter in the celery. 


Mini cheeseburgers with all the fixings were a hit with the kids!

And so were the mini pepperoni pizzas, made on a bed of zucchini.

For dessert, we used stevia to soften the bite of unsweetened chocolate, and we dipped strawberries and bananas. I was surprised how well the kids took to the bitter edge of the chocolate. No problem!

And we finished with fresh berries in whipped cream. 

Here we are, my tea party partner!  LOVE!

9 comments:

Inspired but Tired said...

It was such a wonderful tea party! I love how she enjoys them so much. These memories are such a blessing.

Snap said...

Wonderful! Sweet memories for sure.

Anonymous said...

It warms my heart to see you two organizing our tea parties. These memories are stored in my heart forever!!

Marilyn Miller said...

I am totally impressed with her creativity. Good for her for becoming conscientious when it comes to healthy eating. She is looking good.

Margie said...

What a delightful tea party. I'm sure that the guests enjoyed the pretty yellow floral tea sets and the healthy, but tasty food!

Angela McRae said...

Oh. My. Goodness. This *can't* be the baby niece you first shared with us years ago, can it? (She is lovely! You too, for that matter!)

essay best said...

nice

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Steph, I would have such fun with your lovely niece! Love the wonderful array of treats the pair of you came up with for this sugar-free, gluten-free tea. When I have had to incorporate some GF things into one of my afternoon teas, I've used my Classic Deviled Eggs and a tea sandwich on GF bread, but next time I want to try the mini cheeseburgers and mini pizzas.

Rosemary said...

What a perfect tea party! It is a delight to watch the two of you journey together through tea! Thank you for sharing!