Monday, May 20, 2019

Lovejoy's Tea Room, Portland


Me, in a fabulous chair at Lovejoy's in Portland
Thank you @mitranite for the photo!

Portland has a new tea room, and I think (hope!) it’s here to stay!  Lovejoy's Tea Room on Killingsworth is a blend of traditional and cheeky, serious about the food and tea with the right blend of quirks and welcome to keep it interesting. 

The Queen's Tea ($29.95) comes with a scone and a crumpet

I've been here twice, and both times I enjoyed myself. The tea room attracts the traditional ladies who do tea, but also a young, diverse crowd. I think this could be the key to the tea room's sustained success. When I visited recently, a table entirely of young men sat just behind me. Owner Brendon Constans sets the tone for the environment, where one can be welcomed for who they are. All best wishes!


Brendon Constans, Owner

Tempting petit fours


Captain Picard watches over the tea room

3 comments:

Anna said...

Looks amazing, wish we had a place like that here. And Cpt Picard on top of everything:D Wow!

relevanttealeaf said...

You look so cute! Tea makes everyone feel like a queen sitting on her throne! ;-) Wishing Lovejoy's much success!

Rosemary said...

Why does Portland have to be so far away!? Great photo, BTW.