Saturday, July 11, 2020

Memories in a Tea Cozy/Cosy


How do you spell it?  Tea Cozy (common in the US) or Tea Cosy (common in the UK).  I appreciate both styles.  :-)  Anyway you spell it, they're handy. I dislike cold tea, and a cozy/cosy helps!  Especially this one, which has a thermal lining in the middle.  I used these instructions to make one sized for my smaller teapots. I wanted to feature the Darjeeling text, and on the other side, Ceylon, so I fussy cut the fabric.

This fabric was a gift from my "room friend," affectionately called Rose MacGyver due to her cleverness in devising solutions to all kinds of needs when we were traveling in China, Tibet and India. We also traveled together to London, and so it's my attempt to connect these adventures (a British-inspired cosy with the Indian tea-growing region prominently displayed). 

That's the DH, dear hubby, gardening in the background at a community garden plot 

This cozy/cosy also connects me with my trip back to Darjeeling this past October, and another dear friend who was my traveling companion, AM. I dream of the day when I can host a tea where these two women can meet and share talk of travel.  

I've been using this cozy/cosy nearly every day, and thinking of my friends and our adventures! Comfort and warmth in tough times.

2 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

I know I read this post yesterday, but must have not left a comment. I love, love your new cozy. What a treasure.

P. D. Fabian said...

Nothing like a great tea cozy (Yes I'm American!) to make a whole pot of tea stay enjoyable. So much so that I have been making and selling beautiful tea cozies for more than 25 years! What makes a good tea cozy to me is Warm Tea! I'm talking still warm after 2 - 3 hours. Then its got to look beautiful as well. Please check out my work at devotea.com. Keep up the great writing!