Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Rainy Day Blues

Drinking Imperial Jasmine tea out of my Blue Rice teacup and teapot on this perfectly rainy day. Can you see the reflection in the pottery below? This teapot is one of my favorites. The DH found it for me in 1997, during a trip to the thrift store. This teapot, along with a few other items, kicked off my collection passion. >-) Presently, I'm on a plan that ensures I have no net increase in my china. If something comes in, I have to make the very painful decision about what will go. This teapot is never in question.

By the way, you can find this teapot and the corresponding matching items all over the place in Chinatowns. It's not rare - it's just pretty and sentimental. It is delicate. The rice shapes (which don't show well in the photo) are thin and translucent.

No comments: