Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Dolfin Tea Chocolates

The food artists in the worlds of chocolate and tea have been playing together, and the result is a number of excellent tea chocolates on the market. I've recently sampled Dolfin chocolates in the hot masala (chai), green tea & jasmine, and earl grey (not shown in photo) varieties. Locally, I found these at Sahara Mart.

Each of these teas is unique and enjoyable. The green tea/jasmine has a subtle aroma of jasmine and a lightly crunchy texture (from tea leaves in the chocolate, I think). The earl grey is similar, with a slight and lovely aroma of earl grey tea and some crunch to the bite. The hot masala was my favorite. It was like drinking a chai/hot chocolate combo.

If you've sampled these tea chocolates, please leave a comment and let us know your thoughts. Or, do you have any other tea chocolates to review? We'd love to hear about it!

3 comments:

Allison said...

I had an indulgent girls' day at a spa last month and we were given a square of chocolate that contained green tea with our robes and slippers. It was so good! I should have written the name down before I scarfed it!

Angela McRae said...

I will have to be on the lookout for these chocolates! They sound yummy!

mep said...

The chocolates sound tasty, but I have a question: What's this Sahara Mart place all about? I used to read cookbooks and a newsletter penned by another Bloomingtonian and she was always raving about Sahara Mart?