Friday, September 25, 2009

Sparkly Tea

We celebrated the DH's birthday recently, and we popped open a can of bubbly....tea! I'd been waiting a long time to try sparkling tea. I'm not sure why I waited so long.

The tea, by Steaz, was sweet and lemony. If I closed my eyes and concentrated, I noticed a light green tea taste. That's not to say it wasn't pleasant, just not heavy on the tea flavor. Still, a nice beverage. I like that it's organic, sweetened with cane sugar (instead of corn syrup), and is fair-trade certified.

I wonder if I could make my own sparkling tea with the soda siphon and plain tea, sans sugar. What do you think? That might be another post! And speaking of celebrations - I'm off to party down with a 2-year-old.

7 comments:

parTea lady said...

I'd like to try that sparkling tea. I haven't seen it in cans before.

Sounds like quite a party - enjoy!

Angela McRae said...

Thanks for the review; I'll have to look for this one when I'm out and about! And I hope you and the two-year-old have a lovely time!

my cup of tea said...

Yummy! I think it sounds real good right now! Enjoy your party!
~Donna~

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a nice tea. Where did you find it?

Teresa's New Life said...

Happy b'day to the DH- and this drink sounds light & refreshing. I don't think I've seen anything around here like it.

Marlena said...

Go for it, it sounds good

Steph said...

PS - I found it at a local health-food store.