Friday, February 19, 2010

Spring - I feel it!

I sat on my sunny front porch for a tea break today, and I pulled off the hat and gloves! It was about 50 degrees, a heat wave for us!

The DH and I normally mark the start of Spring in early Feb. That's when he, the more-plant-than-human among us, notices a stirring of the earth. This year we've had layers upon layers of post-Feb 1 snow, and it was hard for me to feel Spring's gradual approach. Today was a glorious exception, and I hope the start of a gentle thaw!

5 comments:

Marlena said...

I'm with you but it is still "the frozen north" here, even though we are all pretty sick of it snowing every darned day.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to comment off thread but I have a new blog you can find here at http://greenteaweightlossnow.com/
and your site is kinda related to mine.

I thought it would be beneficial for both of us to do a blogroll link exchange.

Please let me know if you’re interested.

John

Susan said...

Seeing those Spring bulbs peeping
out of the snow is a welcome sight!

Marilyn Miller said...

Isn't it exciting to see the stirrings of spring start to appear. Daffodils are beginning to bloom here in Portland and it is glorious.

Angela McRae said...

Oh, I am eagerly looking for signs of spring myself! Love these photos!