The DH's braised leeks
Leeks are a new crop for us. They like long, mild growing seasons which we have plenty of around here. We feasted on these leeks from our garden last week. Wow, WOW - good!
The DH's (dear hubby's) Braised Leeks
- One bunch of leeks - outer edges removed, washed carefully to remove dirt between the leaves
- Trim off most, but not all, of the greenery (we are saving for later use)
- Slice in half, lengthwise
- Brown and soften in olive oil (we like using a cast iron skillet for this). It's a good idea to add a little water, too, to assist the softening.
- Keeping in the cast iron skillet, cover with heavy cream.
- Place in a 400-degree oven for about 30 min, or until brown on top and the cream is thick.