Also, we saw the movie, A Prairie Home Companion, this weekend. I loved it! Now, if you've never heard this radio show on public radio (Saturday nights), the movie will be OK - but you won't get the gist of it. (Like the powdermilk biscuit theme, or the Guy Noir reference.) I loved the movie because:
- Garrison Keillor poked fun at himself and the show
- The cast is awesome; Meryl Streep rocks!
- I got to "see" what his staff looks like - the voice talent
- I loved the not-so-subtle dissing of big business
- The ending was really quite poignant...everything comes to an end, even ourselves
So, if you like the radio show, I think the movie does it justice. Garrison and crew will be at the University here in town this fall - I'm hoping to catch them live.