Wednesday, February 25, 2009

China Beauty Rings

The dry leaf of this Chinese green tea is just so pretty. I love the shape and texture of this hand-shaped tea. The tea comes from the Sichuan Province - Mount Meng Region. The tea is picked in March and April, so it is a fitting tribute to Spring.

I love the color of the steeped tea. It's a soft peachy-gold, looking just fabulous with this cup and saucer. The flavor is toasty.

While steeping the leaf unfurls yet maintains some of its curled shape. It's such a textural treat to watch as it steeps! It moves around as it opens.

8 comments:

Angela McRae said...

What an interesting tea (and post!). Forgive me if I'm being a dufus here, but ... is China Beauty Rings actually the name of this tea? I love that it is so carefully shaped and then retains the shape when steeped. And that teacup ... how elegant!

Lisa said...

I love reading your blogs!

What a neat tea. I love learning about all the diversity of this drink! You are a knowledgeable teacher who sparks curiosity, Steph. Thanks for always sharing.

:)

Steph said...

@Angela - Yep, that's the name! I think the names of teas are sometimes the best!

@Hootie - Thank you. You've made my day! (blush)

sweetcakes said...

The China Beauty Rings remind me of chocolate curls.

Marilyn Miller said...

The tea looks very good.

I have added the source for the French Macaroons. The fleur de sel is one of my favorites. It is sort of a caramel with salt. Very yummmy!

Amanda said...

Beautiful! I would love to try this tea sometime.

Teresa's New Life said...

Steph, the tea is beautiful. The cup and saucer are too. Very elegant!
You should visit Uniquely Tea when you get the chance. Denise has a fun trivia site to visit with a quiz that you & Angela should do well on.
Teresa

parTea lady said...

I've never seen tea like this. It is lovely to look at. Your photos and display of the tea are great.