Friday, April 02, 2010

Not Alone

I just returned from a very quick one-night work trip to Austin, TX.  (More on that later - Austin was awesome!)  The meeting was mostly very good with 1/2 hour of strangeness.  I came home focused on that 1/2 hour and trying to figure out how to solve the problems brought to me.  I felt very alone and at a loss.  And then, I had the idea to call one of my peers.  And guess what?  She was able to offer a crack into my bleak outlook.  She had a solution in mind, one that I couldn't/didn't see, and I left the meeting with hope

I tend to be a "do it by myself" kind of gal.  But today I'm reminded that I am not alone.  I'm not expected to solve all the problems by myself.  None of us are. 

1 comment:

Marilyn Miller said...

This is a perfect lesson to learn. I operate the same time and it is difficult to ask for help. Thanks so much.