Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wise Women Wednesday - #3


This week's question:

How do you cultivate patience?


Patience is not my natural tendency.  I'm more of the "grab it by the horns and wrestle it down" type of personality.  But I've been working hard to cultivate patience.  What tips can you offer?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congratulations to last week's winner, Faith Hope CherryTea!
(Her name was randomly chosen from the commenters.)


Each Wednesday, I will post a question and I'd like to hear your thoughts on the topic. Comment each Wednesday for a chance at a giveaway! (4 for the month.) The winner each week will get a sample of tea, a surprise, and my thanks!

5 comments:

Stephanie O' said...

When I'm feeling rushed or losing patience, I stop and ask myself, "What's the big hurry?" What's the worse that could happen if I'm a few minutes late. When it comes to working with people, I just tell myself, "I have the opportunity to make this person's day" and by doing so, I can improve my day. I think listening and patience go hand in hand for when you truly listen to someone, you're cultivating patience.

Marilyn Miller said...

You ask tough questions. One year I picked the word "patience" for my word and was it ever a tough one. Sometimes I just have to take a deep breath and remind myself that this too shall pass. Oh I know where you took that picture too.

Teafan said...

I breathe. Seriously. I'm like you, much more inclined to "make" things happen vs showing patience for things to evolve. When I'm in these places, I take a deep breath and do nothing but breathe.

Mary Jane said...

Thanks for the thought provoking questions, Steph.

If I feel myself responding to a situation by feeling impatient, I really try to look at it from a different perspective. I read the following a while back and it made a lot of sense to me and I try to remember that developing patience will help me to have a more rational approach the next time my patience is tested.

"Learn the art of patience. Apply discipline to your thoughts when they become anxious over the outcome of a goal. Impatience breeds anxiety, fear, discouragement and failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, and a rational outlook, which eventually leads to success."

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

Thx Steph! so pleased to rcv your message of the win :) will email in response..