Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Staying Centered

Things are a bit crazy in my work life at the moment. Work is going through a major transition, and people have a lot of fears and concerns (me included). It's hard to stay centered in the middle of all of this change and e-motion (energy in motion).

I am trying to see the big picture and not get caught in the daily dramas. I am trying to take a "deep minute" where I clear my mind and simply breathe several times throughout the day. I have a mantra I repeat to myself over and over, "Thank you for the abundance I have and will continue to have." I make a cup of tea and challenge myself to stay focused on every moment of that process, not the whirlwind around me.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I love your affirmation Steph. I've added it to my own list.

Reading your blog today & then checking out www.dailyword.com's listing for Guidance made me think of the walking the labyrinth. Sometimes, life's patterns are too complex for us to comprehend where we will end up. But rest assured that there IS a Divine pattern there & you are on the path you're meant to be on.

Long term perspective vs. short term perspective. This phase is like your recent bicycle trip...all will end well even if you can't see HOW quite yet. Instead of focusing on how tired you are from peddling, make time to focus on what brings you pleasure during this bumpy ride.

Love you!

Connie said...

Steph! Love that picture. yes..hard to stay centered I am sure. here is another mantra - "What happens today may blessing tomorrow".

Hang in there friend!!! Love - Connie

Allison said...

Abundance follows intelligent beautiful people- you couldn't shake it if you tried. :)