Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sunday Brunch

The DH (dear hubby) and I shared Sunday brunch with a friend today. I found it to be such a relaxing, centering and enjoyable time. We weren't in a hurry. We sat on the porch and watched the birds, felt the breeze. We ate slowly and enjoyed it. We drank a big pot of tea. We laughed, we shared stories, we encouraged one another in our struggles. It was heavenly!

Flowers from the garden. I love how the poke berries drape. Grown by the DH, arranged by me.






Our friend at brunch is a tea fan, which of course is fun for me! We shared a pot of Fortnum & Mason's Royal Blend tea, a souvenir from my London trip earlier this year.




Every time I pull out a cup and saucer I haven't used in a while, I think, "Oh! This is one of my favorites!" Truth is, whatever cup I'm using at the moment tends to be my favorite. I love them all and share my favoritism in a very egalitarian manner. Notice how the flower inside the cup is reflected in the tea.

We started with a fruit salad of cantaloupe, cherries, peaches, coconut, chocolate chips, walnuts, and cardamom sprinkled on top (made by the DH).

Then we enjoyed fresh zucchini bread (made by yours truly with zucchinis from my folks).

We wrapped up with delicious egg salad (see left), accompanied by fresh basil (from our garden) and tomatoes from my folks' house. (Third course by the DH.) The egg salad had a dash of hot sauce. Quite yummy, and we had a good laugh because it caught me off guard!

The DH, being silly, and friend. Thank you for a wonderful Sunday!






6 comments:

jewellspring said...

Isn't it wonderful to share life with a man that cooks?!

Connie said...

so glad you had a great brunch! Sounds heavenly. Friends, Family and tea :) oh and of course food..!!

Steph said...

Tea Party Girl, you made me laugh out loud - appreciatively! Yes, indeed it is!

Allison said...

Sounds like a nice summer Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Lovely flowers and that's a great cup and saucer.

Anonymous said...

Fortnum & Mason's Royal Blend is my all-time worldwide favorite!

Mary