Monday, February 04, 2008

Lovely Tea Cozy

I'm honored to share with you this lovely tea cozy made by the Cake Goddess (aka Sweetcakes). Check out her blog for more photos and specifics on this project and a bonus feature, too!


Front of the cozy; pink and cream teacup fabric from Hobby Lobby














Back of tea cozy; coordinating floral fabric














These fabrics just happen to match the fabric that I am using to make a tablecloth and napkins for my upcoming February tea party.

Cake Goddess ensures me this is a doable project, even for sewing novices like me. In case you'd like to give it a try, it's Simplicity pattern 5068. And while you're at it, check out the cute and tiny little egg cozies (option G)!

7 comments:

Alice said...

Oh, that's so pretty! I always thought I'd like to try to make one, now maybe I actually will. I can't wait to see your tea table using that same fabric.

Anonymous said...

You crafty women just inspire me! Tho I'm more useful with a hammer and nails. How about a tea party at a Habitat for Humanity site? I think that sounds like a great fundraiser!

Angela McRae said...

LOVE the tea cozy, and I have some of that very fabric. Awesome! (That fabric was also on sale at keepsakequilting.com last week, so I ordered another yard.) Now I just need that Simplicity pattern. Thanks for thoughtfully including the info!

Philigry said...

adorable! i love this. the fabric is great!

Rosemary said...

How pretty! Now I can't wait to see your February tea party! It's guaranteed to be lovely.
Nancy

Joyce said...

Hey Steph....
I had to go to Hobby Lobby today for some things for a Valentine's Dinner a friend is doing with my husband and I and another couple....and GUESS WHAT?? I remembered your posting on that CUTE "Tea Cozy" and I found the stuff......fabric and all and BOUGHT it. HA! Now I HOPE I make it.
I haven't gotten my machine out in awhile for fun things..ugh. Hopefully I will remember how to sew!
I am SO glad people are coming to visit you on your site via mine. It's all about "networking" and spreading the friendship.
I like that.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!