Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christmas Twig


The Dear Hubby and I don't do much for Christmas decoration. We're non-traditionalists there, I suppose. Some fresh greenery is my favorite. We've had a Christmas tree - and I use that term loosely - twice in thirteen Christmases. One was a rubber tree, one was a cactus. This Christmas Twig is tree #3. It came from our lot (where we'll build a house) and is simply decorated with spiral ribbon. I love its barrenness. I don't plan to put presents under it. We've also named it the "Solstice Sprig" to celebrate the coming longer daylight hours!

8 comments:

Philigry said...

love your tree!

Anonymous said...

Love it! What a creative take on the Christmas tree.

Rosemary said...

There is a quiet beauty in simplicity. You have captured it well.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sometimes less is more. I love it.

Linda Jennings said...

I love your festive twig! And, it is so special because it came from your own land!

the voice of melody said...

I think it's very cute! It reminds me of Charlie Brown's tree in the movie "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown", and how adorable is his tree? Too cute. :)

Lady Katherine said...

I love the simple tree, it is bringing nature.

Alice said...

What's that saying, simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Yep, that's you all over the place.