Thursday, July 06, 2006

Daylillies for Form and Function

Form: Take a tour through my garden (photos below) and view the lovely daylillies! These are grown by the DH and loved by me! While their blooms only last a day, daylillies continue to produce new buds daily, as well. The flowering season is quite long. Add that they don't all bloom at the same time, and daylilly season runs a month plus. Yippee! Such bright colors.

Function: Daylillies are edible. I used daylillies at a recent teaparty as a bowl for curried chicken. Just take out the pistil and stamen, and place the daylilly in a narrow-necked container (like a wine glass). They make perfect containers - and they add an interesting punch to your salad!





2 comments:

kelly rae said...

i love your blog and so glad to have the connection to my old friend john. you have such great photos.and i'm a tea lover, too! i'll be checking in!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I wish I could grow flowers like that. Thanks for sharing.