- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture is dry but crumbly.
- Add buttermilk and berries.
- Place onto a silmat or floured workspace. Shape into an oval and cut into 6 wedges. (I actually cut into 8 wedges).
- Coat with cooking spray.
- Bake until golden, ~20 minutes.
Stephanie notes: Either I messed up when adding the flour (which is entirely possible), or something wasn't quite right with the recipe, b/c when I turned this onto the cabinet, there was NO way I could shape it into an oval. It was too wet, so I added about an extra 1/2 cup of flour to get it to the consistency I needed. Also, I baked about 25 min total. If you try these, please do share how the recipe worked for you!
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 egg whites
1 small can mandarin oranges in orange juice
Mix together and bake at 350 degrees for 25 min. Cool.
8 oz. fat free cool whip
1 sugar free instant pudding (vanilla)
1 small can pineapple in juice
Mix together with spoon and spread on cooled cake. Refrigerate. (Tastes even better if it sits overnight!)