I'm developing a practice of gratitude, adding it into my daily routine. Before I go to sleep each night, I reflect on at least 3 things I'm grateful for from that day. Even on bad days, I find lots of things to appreciate. It helps to reframe my experience and put things in perspective, especially if I've been in a funk.
Yesterday, I had a lot to be thankful for! Here are a few of those things:
- We had our first grape hyacinth bloom. This tiny little blossom inspires me with its power. It can scent an entire room!
- Our daffodils are really starting to bust out.
- Our 2007 taxes are done early!
- The DH and I went last night to see the musical Movin' Out, based on the music of Billy Joel. It was fantastic! It's like a modern dance and ballet performance, set to BJ's great tunes!
- The walk home from the show was so lovely! It was cool, but not cold, and just so pretty out.
- My work e-mail is almost caught up from being gone for a week!
- And on and on I could go...