Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cheddar-Zuke Biscuits

Cheddar-Zucchini biscuits
I thought the picture turned out quite nicely. That's one of my grandma's aprons in the background.

I got this recipe out of The Classic Zucchini Cookbook. It was a library book I borrowed, so I don't have the original recipe anymore, but it was very tasty. (The cheddar is mild, not overpowering.) The biscuits froze well, too. Here is a similar recipe. Next time, I would add a dash of cayene powder.

I also want to share that zucchini and whole wheat are meant for each other. I used all whole wheat in this recipe (unlike what it called for), and the zucchini kept the biscusts moist and marvelous. I have three more portions of shredded zucchini frozen, so I think I'll be adding zukes to lots of baked goods this winter.

3 comments:

crescent said...

Those look yummy. I agree with you that zucchini and whole wheat are well suited. The flavors as well as the moisture levels.

Lady Katherine said...

They look delicous and the apron is a wonderful background, I wonder who has my grandmother and mothers aprons! Lucky you to have a wonderful apron

Anonymous said...

I love the pretty flecks of green from the zucchini.