Tuesday, November 25, 2008

November Tea: A Virtual Tea Party

My tea cozy corner, where I sat for the virtual tea party


Take three good friends in three timezones, a leisurely afternoon, 3 good cups of tea, a treat or two or three, and season with the magic of technology. You've got the makings for a great virtual tea party! By virtual, I mean over the phone.

I enjoyed such an event last Friday evening. I had a conference call with two of my dear Western Skies friends. We each held a cup of tea and we spent the hour sipping and chatting. It was very fun and connecting. I highly recommend it! Next time, we plan to give Skype a try with some video conferencing, too! Wouldn't it be fun to SEE the mug or cup and saucer your friend is using, along with her lovely face?

8 comments:

Angela McRae said...

What a fun idea! You seem wayyyy more tech-savvy than I, however, so it may be a while before I go virtual. And I love your tipping teapot! (Isn't that what it's called?)

Tea Time With Melody said...

Now that's a great idea! I love your tea corner very cozy.

Lady Katherine said...

What a lovely idea, for friends apart. I love your tea pot! I going to have to find me a white one. I have fallen in love with white.

The Vintage Rose said...

OOOH! You have had a virtual Teaparty! I had an idea of doing that via blogging - but skype sounds great too!

Steph said...

Hello! Yes, it's a tipping teapot. It came from Germany. If you lay it on its side, the loose tea steeps. When it sits up tall, the tea is out of the water.

Marilyn Miller said...

I love your Virtual Tea Party idea, what fun!

I have a teapot like yours, but don't use it. I must get it down and try it out again.

Anonymous said...

Great idea, Steph ... your tea corner is charming. I love the teapot shaped tea caddy with the votive candle!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! xxx

Rosemary said...

Hoping you have a Happy Thanksgiving! I've enjoyed your monthly themed parties - from simple to elegant.
Nancy