Thursday, November 13, 2008

Where Have Martha's Wrinkles Gone?

Inside this book (published in 1993) are a few photos of Martha, and I'm shocked! She has wrinkles! Somehow, in the last 5 years, she's lost them. ;-) I think it's probably the benefit of a great staff of graphic designers who airbrush her portraits. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and not say she's had "work done."

I've enjoyed browsing through the book, especially the Afternoon Tea chapter. I tried the Apple Rosemary Tea Bread recipe. I must confess, it was so-so. I loved the Rosemary aroma and flavor, but it was a fussy recipe and the results were, in my opinion, average.

Compare that to the pumpkin bread the DH just made. Wow - that was fantastic! Especially considering that he made it extra-healthy. The recipe called for 3 cups of flour. He used 2 cups of whole wheat, 1/2 cup oatmeal and 1/2 cup flaxseed meal. Yummy, moist, heavenly and healthy!

4 comments:

Teresa's New Life said...

Send that DH to my house! I love pumpkin anything!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, they always use soft glow lighting with her, too.

Thanks for the ratio of WW to oatmeal to flax.

Lady Katherine said...

I have this book somewhere, we in a remodel things all packed

Philigry said...

oh, i have never seen this book! i just may have to get a copy! I watch her t.v. show sometimes,a nd come to think of it...no wrinkles there either! hmmmm,