Monday, August 22, 2005

New Tea Outfit!

I think my new outfit would be perfect to wear to tea. The tank top came from the Victorian Trading Company. I made the skirt myself! It's my first attempt to sew something wearable. I got a sewing machine last Christmas. So far, I've stuck with making napkins and bags. Only recently have I felt confident enough to branch out to a skirt. I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.

A special thanks to my sewing mentor in NM! She talked me through a way of making the drawstring hole so that I didn't need to make 2 button holes! Yeah! I just bought some more fabric this weekend - a dark blue toile. I plan to make another skirt in the near future. Practice, practice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the next one!