Friday, May 18, 2007

Bike to Work Day

OK, I can hear some of you laughing. Yes, my "commute" to work is about 3 steps across the hallway, but I still participated in today's Bike to Work festivities in town. (Besides, we seldom drive our car around town. I regularly use my bike to run errands.) The DH (dear hubby) and I rode downtown this morning, supported the cause, and had a free bagel.

You can tell the age of my Intel jersey - it's advertising MMX technology and PIIs! ;-)

As I wrote once before, this is my favorite bike ever! I love the streamers and the bell. For those of you into bikes, it's a mixte design from the early 80s with a lugged steel frame. The lugs are highlighted with hand painting.

The bike has a rack on the back that lets me attach panniers to carry stuff. The leather seat is covered in plastic because it rains occasionally around here.

Thanks to anyone else out there who chose a non-car option today and on other days! People who are car-dependent miss out on the joy of cycling and walking!

No comments: