Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Tea Seeds for Hope


Camellia Sinensis (tea) seeds

Hope has been on my mind a lot lately. How hope changes a person. How hope inspires. How having something to hope for gives conception to more hope. How hope is sometimes (often) a choice. Like when I choose to hope that our world will be healthy and clean in 30 years, for my new niece.

Living with the DH (dear hubby) for nearly 12 years, I've absorbed one of his key means of generating hope - the planting of seeds. Seeds represent potential. They give me hope.

Here are some camellia sinensis (tea) seeds. They came from
Vee and I send her a big thank you! Two of these are living with me, planted in a mix of sand and soil. One seed was loaned to a friend who has a greenhouse. These seeds give me hope.

6 comments:

Vee said...

Mine still haven't sprouted yet. Patiently waiting! Please let me know when yours do. I'm looking forward to seeing them grow!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely sentiment! Good luck with your seeds of hope. I'm excited to see the plants they produce.

Anonymous said...

Hope is a powerful thing. When the walls feel as if they are closing in, when the world seems dark, and strangely evil, hope brings me back to the now, and reminds me that there are a great many positive things in this world. We just need to concentrate on them more.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea that tea seeds were so big!

Alice said...

Wow, I can wait to see how the tea seeds grow!

Philigry said...

oh, i hope they grow! such a nice post. I love your postitive outlook on life. it is what we all need.