Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Solstice Circles

Last December I sat with a circle of women on the solstice and we wrote together.  That circle formed again last night, and while I wasn't there in person, I was there in spirit. 

I find it fitting that I sat in another circle of women last night, this one focused on tea.  I can't imagine it was a coincidence that this gift was given to me on the solstice!

This concept of circles, people meeting equally, sharing equally, is a very powerful one.  I associate it with women's things, tho it's not limited to that.  (Men are invited to the tea ceremony I experienced, for example.) 

What circles of women are present in your life?

3 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

This one was extra special with you in the circle. Looking forward to many more shared times over tea.

Amy said...

The circle was lovely as always but it missed your generous spirit.

La Tea Dah said...

I'm thinking about your question --- about women in my 'circle'. There are two circles that are especially meaningful to me --- both focused on two completely different subjects. But I am blessed by both --- kindred spirits are so important!