Monday, March 28, 2011

Savories

Savories - finger sandwiches and other small tasty nibbles - are my favorite tea party course.  Here are three that I made for a tea gathering earlier this month.  Also, alert for those who thrive on last minute deadlines!  You have a couple of days left to enter your original finger sandwich recipe into the contest on About.com. 

Roasted potatoes medallions with walnuts and blue cheese
Elmwood Inn recipe

Olive cheese balls
Elmwood Inn recipe
Rosemary (from the garden) and butter - for cucumber sandwiches
My favorite sandwich, so simple!

8 comments:

my cup of tea said...

Love your treats! I am hungry now!
~Donna~

massagematters said...

the roasted potato medallions sound delicious!

Marilyn Miller said...

This sounds like it was a fun tea party. I have made similar cheese balls, but not with olives. That sounds intriguing. Come by and visit me today and see what I have been up to.

Marlena said...

Another rosemary fan! Did you know there is a variety that grows very long and tall, specifically for using as shish-kebob. They are wonderful!

Rosemary said...

Oh Yum... to all of them!

parTea lady said...

Your tea savories look delicious. I'll have to give my Elmwood Inn books another look soon.

Angela McRae said...

Oh, yum! These all sound just delicious!

Susan said...

Savories are great nibbles ! They go great with sweets and tea !