Monday, October 17, 2011

Vancouver, WA Tea Spots

Scones and tea with the DH at Enchanted Tea Room

The DH (dear hubby) and I had a wonderful getaway to Vancouver, WA over the weekend.  We had planned (OK OK, I had planned and he agreed to tag along...) scones and tea at the Enchanted Tea Room and Gift Shop.  I enjoyed chatting again with the nice folks there, having just seen them at the NW Tea Fest.  I picked up a fun T-shirt (I will show it soon) and I wished them good luck in the launch of their new adventure:  Tea Bar Downtown, which will open this fall.  I'll post more info once it's officially open for business.  Best wishes!

The DH had thus fulfilled his tea and scone obligation.  However...and it's his fault...

As we were walking through the community, he pointed out a sign that said "tea and antiques."  I was not expecting the fully-functioning and proper English tea room that we found!  The Meadowlark Tea Room

Sharon, Proprietor of Meadowlark Tea Room

Sharon is a native Brit and had opened the tea room two weeks ago.  She offers several variations of afternoon tea.  I'll show you what we had in my next post, because of course we had tea!  How could I pass this up?  The DH earned lots of points for putting up with enjoying another tea room and will be justly rewarded.

To finish the tour of Vancouver, WA...we happened to be in the Vancouver Mall and stumbled upon this bubble tea shop.  I would not have noticed the connection with tea, except for "Braganza
in the name.  I did not sample anything, but am intrigued.  Best wishes to this company, as well!  I am always heartened to see thriving tea businesses, whether they be bubble tea, traditional tea rooms, tea bars, or other formats. 
Braganza Tea, a Bubble Tea spot in the Vancouver Mall

7 comments:

Rosemary said...

Wow! What a tea extravaganza you found in Vancouver! Enjoyed tagging along with the two of you, and anticipate the upcoming posts!

Marilyn Miller said...

What a fun adventure in Vancouver. I had heard of Meadowlark, but haven't made it there yet. The tea bar for Enchanted Gift Shop and Tearoom is exciting for them.

massagematters said...

hmmm...I gotta say it...the DH will be justly rewarded,huh? :) Love ya!

Steph said...

KD - What are you thinking? ;-)

Angela McRae said...

How incredible that you happened upon these new places! Wonderful!

Jory said...

Steph, this is Jory from the Residence Inn. Love your blog, I've recommended it to all my tea loving family and friends. Great blog on your trip to Vancouver. I enjoyed reading more about your China trip. Hope to see you and your DH up here again soon!

Steph said...

Hey, Jory - Good to hear from you and nice to meet you!