Friday, March 09, 2012

Breakfast, Lunch, Tea

Cook book isn't the right word for this excellent read.  As much art book as anything else, I recommend a look at this one!  (I was able to find it at the library.)  It's the story of Rose Carrarini and her Rose Bakery in Paris. 


I love the straight-forward approach of the book, with large color photos.  Nothing fussy, understated beauty.  Two of my tea friends here in town fell for the book at first sight.  ;-)


There are six scone recipes.  I'm eager to try the pistachio cake with rose water.  The most interesting item must be the broccoli cake, with whole stalks of broccoli in it! 


Do you know this book?  What's your opinion?

4 comments:

relevanttealeaf said...

Will definitely have to search out this book. Thanks for telling us about it!

Rosemary said...

I have this book! I think I always considered more of a picture book than a cookbook. I will have to take a closer look at it now!

Marilyn Miller said...

Haven't seen this one. Sounds fascinating. I love picture books with recipes, especially from Paris.

Angela McRae said...

I have seen only the cover of this book and wondered about it, so thank you for the review!