Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day Tea Toast

Happy Mother's Day, first to my Mom. A very special and strong woman. I love you, Mom! Thanks for helping me grow into the woman I am.

And thanks to the other mothers that come to us throughout our lives. Women who have touched our lives with gentle comfort or demands of our best. Or both.

Happy Mother's Day to the mothers of causes. Carriers of the torch of compassion, peace, and love.

An excerpt from the Original Mother's Day Proclamation, June 2, 1870.
by Julia Ward Howe

"In the name of womanhood and humanity, I earnestly ask that a general congress of women, without limit of nationality, may be appointed and held...to promote the alliance of different nationalities, the settlement of international questions, the great and general interests of peace."

No comments: