Friday, May 19, 2006

Some Favorite Tea Quotes

Here are some of my favorite tea quotes. Feel free to contribute your own by leaving a comment! (Also, yet another flower photo. The flowers and greenery all came from my yard. You might notice the rain drops. These were picked shortly after a shower, last Saturday.)


"Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world." --T'ien Yiheng

“Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea! How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea." -- Sidney Smith (1711-1845) The "English Billy Graham" of his day.

"There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea." -- Bernard-Paul Heroux

"If a man has no tea in him, he is incapable of understanding truth and beauty." -- Japanese proverb

"Bring me a cup of tea and the Times." -- Queen Victoria's first command upon accession to throne

"If you are cold, tea will warm you. If you are heated, it will cool you. If you are depressed, it will cheer you. If you are excited, it will calm you.” -- William Ewart Gladstone

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this one...

"Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company." ~~Author Unknown

Anonymous said...

That new profile photos is very Hitchcock-ian

Anonymous said...

I had some white tea that I wasn't particularly fond of so I brewed it and added just a tad of sugar and served it over ice. It turned out really quite refreshing as an iced tea! By the way, I'm buy a motorcyle on Tuesday! And the scooter is up for sale!