Friday, June 13, 2008

National Candy and National Iced Tea Month


June is both National Candy Month AND National Iced Tea Month! I discovered this only yesterday evening, while browsing through my local library. It had displays featuring books for both. Fun! I already had an armload of books, and came home with an even bigger stack. I weighed them this morning - I packed home 8 pounds of books (by foot)! It is such a gift to live near a fantastic and vibrant library!

As for candy, I'm not much of a fan of the hard kind. Give me chocolate, or give me nothing! :-)

As for iced tea, I'm a luke-warm (ha!) fan. That's not the whole story. I do enjoy iced tea, especially on hot and muggy days. But if I had to pick between iced and hot tea, I would pick hot. Thankfully, I don't have to pick. And what I like about iced tea (I usually make sun tea) is the infinite variety it invites. I love to make it with black tea, green tea, herbs, a mix of the three, juice thrown in, a dash of bubbly water, etc.

Here is something I wrote two years ago about yoga and sun tea.

Enjoy your tea no matter how you drink it!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Yoga and Sun Tea Post was excellent! I felt more relaxed just by reading it.

Steph said...

Thanks, Jason!

sweetcakes said...

The kids will love to know about National Candy Month! I had no idea about either one.

I had a nice glass of sun tea yesterday. Something that is very popular here in sunny AZ. You can make a pitcher of sun tea in a matter of minutes here.:)