Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Cornmeal-Rosemary-Parmesan Scones

Here is the recipe for the cornmeal-rosemary-parmesan scones that I mentioned in the previous post. The recipe is smooshed together from about 3 different scone recipes.

2 cups flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp butter (I used the frozen/grated method and it worked great!)
2+ tsp fresh chopped rosemary
3 generous tbsp parmesan
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 egg, beaten, for tops

Preheat your oven (400). Mix dry ingredients (flour - sugar). Stir in cold butter pellets and mix with fork or pastry blender. Add rosemary and parmesan.

In a separate bowl, whisk together milk and egg. Add to dry ingredients until it forms a sticky dough. Turn onto floured surface and shape into a 12-inch round. (You may need to add a little extra cornmeal to be able to handle it.) Cut out into desired shapes. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking stone. Dust very lightly with cornmeal on tops. Apply whipped eggs to top of scones with a brush. Bake ~15 minutes. Tops will be lightly golden when done.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Oh my, those look tasty! They used to have rosemary walnut scones at the Bakehouse, and I miss them. I'll have to try this recipe some time soonish!

Rosemary said...

Ah... they look yummy. I can almost smell them!
Nancy

Philigry said...

I love rosemary. I will have to make these yummy treats.

Vee said...

Yum yum yum!