Sunday, November 15, 2009

Apple Oven Pancake


I have a new breakfast favorite. This apple oven pancake is fantastic! Three things contributed to trying out the new recipe this morning:
  1. My friend Esme recently raved about a similar recipe.
  2. I stumbled upon the recipe in the October, 2009 Sunset magazine. (Thank you, Library!)
  3. We have lots of apples from the CSA.

This recipe delivered!

Soften the apples in a cast iron skillet. Don't peel the apples; it's not necessary.

Add the milk/flour/egg mixture. Whole wheat flour works GREAT!
Bake for 15 minutes.

Enjoy!

Try not to eat the whole thing. It's very hard.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Yum! Thanks for the recipe

Marilyn Miller said...

That looks delicious and I love apples in pancakes.

parTea lady said...

That looks really good. I've never made an oven pancake. Would you believe a GA cook who doesn't own a cast iron skillet? I may have to get one for cornbread and now, oven pancakes. :-)

YourTeaLife said...

Looks so tempting. We live in Adams County which is apple country too. I'm going to try this for my family when they comes for the holidays.