Saturday, November 07, 2009

Green Tea Cakes from Taiwan

The DH and I were browsing in an Asian market recently, and these Green Tea Cakes (like a cookie to us) caught my eye. What intrigued me was the simplicity of the ingredients: Green tea paste, wheat flour, shortening, sugar, milk fat, milk powder, sodium sulfite. Look at the box of your regular grocery-store cookie, and the list of ingredients is usually much longer. I'm trying to buy few packaged goods these days, and when I do, I want them to be with as few ingredients as possible. These fit the criteria and came home for a try.

The taste of these cookies is pleasant, and yet somewhat unusual. The green tea paste is chewy. It definitely pairs nicely with a cup of green tea. While it's not a cookie I feel compelled to put away because I'll eat them all in one setting, it does make a nice tea-time treat.

2 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

Yes, they do look like the kind of cookie you could enjoy one at a time with a cup of tea. Very nice find.

parTea lady said...

They do sound good. It's nice to find a cookie that isn't loaded with unhealthy ingredients.

Drop by Tea and Talk to enter my giveaway.